About the Center
The Center for High Impact Philanthropy is a trusted source of knowledge and education to help donors around the world do more good. Founded as a collaboration between the School of Social Policy & Practice and alumni of the Wharton School, it is the premier university-based center focused on philanthropy for social impact.
Fall 2018 Student Employment Opportunities
We are currently recruiting for our 2018 Fall semester research and program assistants to assist our social impact fellows and senior team members in creation of donor guidance and educational programs, including but not limited to:
- Research, fact-finding, and literature reviews
- Compiling background information about effective programs and their evidence base
- Corresponding with staff of nonprofits to request data and vet guidance
- Provide support for Center events and educational programs (e.g. drafting and preparing materials, logistical support)
- Contribute to Center’s ongoing PR, marketing, and donor engagement efforts
Ideal candidates bring outstanding research and writing ability; strong quantitative analytical skills; experience with Microsoft Office products; and comfort working in a professional office setting.
Opportunities exist for undergraduate and graduate students. Specific topics our team is working on this fall include:
- Strengthening democracy
- Addressing mental health & addiction
- Improving the lives of women & girls
Students will work a minimum of 10 hours/week, up to 20 hours or more if their program allows. Pay is $12-$20/hour, commensurate with experience. We are recruiting for the fall semester, with potential renewal in the spring. This position is work-study eligible for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Interested applicants should submit a resume/CV, a brief cover letter, and two references (at least one from a work/research supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and by Friday, September 28th.)