In addition to our analyses – see Our Guidance– and our events, our team provides a range of educational programs and services to enable funders to achieve greater impact. To learn more, contact email@example.com or call 215-573-7266.
Donor and executive education offerings
Our team has designed and delivered educational programs on a wide-range of topics and in a variety of formats. Examples include:
- Comprehensive funder executive education program for philanthropists and foundation professionals (2017 sessions run March 6-10 and September 11-15); more details and application information available here)
- New funder executive education course for family office, wealth management, and philanthropic advisory professionals running June 12-14.
- Module on high impact philanthropy for participants in Wharton Executive Education Next Gen Wealth program
- Invitation-only summer intensive for emerging leaders in philanthropy in low-staff setting (family representatives, individual donors, first executive directors of new foundations)
Custom workshops and engagements
Workshops are often designed in collaboration with a key partner such as a philanthropic network or wealth advisory firm. Custom engagements are scoped and priced based on the goals and required timing of the project. Examples include:
- From Good Intentions to High Impact, a daylong workshop for funders, policymakers, and socially-minded wealthy families, organized by the National Centre for Volunteerism and Philanthropy of Singapore and sponsored by UBS Wealth Management
- Custom analysis for family foundation seeking to understand housing insecurity needs in their community, post natural disaster, and promising opportunities to help rebuild (through grants as well as impact investing)
To reach the broadest audience who might benefit from our work, we participate in and design webinars, web conference calls, and other types of virtual teaching. Examples include
- High Impact Giving, webinar for members of Exponent Philanthropy (formerly Association of Small Foundations)
- Impact management in the age of strategic philanthropy (part of the Conference Board’s webcast series)
- TEDx: Amplify the Money You Give (livestreamed and now on YouTube)
Members of our team serve as keynote and other featured speakers, moderators, and panelists for a wide range of events. For our current speaking fees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-573-7266. Examples include:
- Keynote address for Gates Foundation’s grantees and stakeholders focused on college success for underrepresented students across the country.
- Lunch keynote annual conference of estate planning professionals.
- Featured speakers for event on ensuring child success
Campus programs for Penn students
The Center’s team members teach and lecture in courses at the School of Social Policy & Practice, Wharton, and the Perelman School of Medicine, among others. We also serve as advisors to a select number of independent study projects throughout the year. In addition, the Center has served as a practicum site for graduate students and provides internships and workstudy opportunities throughout the school year. During the summer, our summer associate program offers a chance for exceptional undergraduate and graduate students from Penn and other schools to contribute to our work. Learn more about upcoming internship and job opportunities. To learn about upcoming campus course offerings for Penn students email email@example.com.