Global Children’s Health: A Toolkit for Donors
Every year almost seven million children die before they reach their fifth birthday, mostly from preventable causes such as pneumonia and diarrhea.1 The good news is that we have many proven effective tools to prevent and to treat disease and community-level approaches that are relatively low-cost within easy reach of a donor to support. In fact, an estimated two-thirds of child deaths can be prevented with the interventions available and feasible today.2
For donors who care about impact, here are ways you can help:
- Invest in community-based health and development programs.
- Invest in Care Group Programs that improve child health and nutrition.
- Invest in home-based newborn care programs.
- Invest in childhood vaccination programs.
- Invest in lifting the burden of malaria.
- Invest in delivery of life-saving medical treatments to children.
Learn How to Give Strategically
(Click below to explore three reinforcing strategies.)
Our series on child survival provides donors with the tools they need to take action:
- Best evidence-based models and approaches that match the needs on the ground
- Illustrative examples of how organizations effectively and efficiently deliver the solutions that we know work (including their estimated impacts and related costs)
- Decision making tools and frameworks for how to think about strategic philanthropic opportunities, use best practices, and estimate impact