Our Resources and Services
Philanthropy for Social Impact
No matter what issue or cause donors care about, there are approaches that can help set them on a course to higher impact. The following are our latest analyses and tools for use by any donor seeking to make a greater difference in the lives of others.
- What Are We Talking About When We Talk About Impact?
- Beyond Compliance: Measuring to Learn, Improve, and Create Positive Change
- Five Myths and a Question About Impact
We have developed a new type of online guidance in the form of a donor toolkit. Our first toolkit on children's health and child survival provides donors with the tools they need to take action.
- Invest in a Strong Start for Children: A Toolkit for Donors
- Global Children's Health: A Toolkit for Donors
Donor Seminars and Educational Workshops
These are invitation-only, purely educational efforts to inform participants about the latest research, biggest ideas and best efforts underway in our key topic areas.
- The Center for High Impact Philanthropy Educational Workshop on High Impact Philanthropy: Focus on Education and Health, Thursday, April 21, 2011
- The Center for High Impact Philanthropy's Inaugural Seminar at Wharton, Sunday, November 7th and Monday, November 8th, 2010
Advisor Resources and Guidance
Philanthropy is often deeply personal, and increasingly donors are looking to their advisors for more than just stock answers. Many want to know how they can make the greatest difference in the world with each charitable investment, and our guidance is designed to help them feel confident in the social impact achieved. We encourage you to register or login to download our evidence-based products for free and use them in discussions with your clients. We also offer opportunities to customize programs, seminars, and materials for your team so you can deliver best-in-class client service.
Please contact Carra Cote-Ackah, Director, Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives, if you would like to learn more.
Philanthropic investment guides and reports
These provide substantive, actionable analysis for donors seeking impact in particular areas. All of these guides and reports can be downloaded for free. Simply click here to visit our Investment Analysis page. You will be asked to register and create a log-in, after which you will then have unlimited access to download our guides/reports. This is for our own impact assessment. We will not use your information for solicitation purposes and do not share or sell lists (see our privacy statement).
- Donor Strategies to Prevent Childhood Obesity: Lessons from Greater Philadelphia
- High Impact Year-End Giving
- Food Funder Compass
- High Impact Philanthropy to Improve Teaching Quality: Focus on High-Need Secondary Students
- Haiti: How Can I Help? Models for Donors Seeking Long-Term Impact
- High Impact Philanthropy in the Downturn: Focus on Housing, Health, and Hunger (A Guide for Donors)
- Lifting the Burden of Malaria: An Investment Guide for Impact-Driven Philanthropy
- Pathways to Student Success: A Guide To Translating Good Intentions Into Meaningful Impact
- “I’m not Rockefeller": 33 High Net Worth Philanthropists Discuss Their Approach to Giving
These provide ongoing advice and thinking on social impact issues, as well as updates to our philanthropic investment guides and blueprints