Senior Fellow, Global Programs
As a Senior Fellow for Global Programs, Francis H. Barchi works to identify faculty, advisors, and resource centers that can inform the Center’s work in global health and development.
Francis brings more than 30 years of foundation, nonprofit consulting and international program experience to this role, including several initiatives at the University of Pennsylvania which brought together academic faculty, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies in multi-disciplinary projects focused on issues in women’s health, HIV, and neuroscience. Previous roles include Executive Vice President of the Dana Foundation (New York, Washington DC) which works to improve brain research and education and President of IdeaCom, Inc. which provides programming, communication and marketing services to foreign government agencies, executive offices of foreign heads of state, Fortune 500 companies, and an array of nonprofit organizations.
Francis has held numerous civic leadership roles including Senior Advisor for Women’s Campaign International, and founding member of Allied Arts for DC and Cultural Alliance of Greater Washington. She received her BA from Smith College, an MS in Nonprofit/NGO Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania, and advanced training in bioethics with an emphasis on the ethical dimensions of global public health.
FOLLOW US ON
- (Video) Givology 101: The Study of Effective Philanthropic Giving
- Shifting Towards Impact: The metrics conversation continues…
- Learning About High Impact Philanthropy: From Public Education to Donor Education
- I’m Not Rockefeller: 33 High Net Worth Philanthropists Discuss Their Approach to Giving
- Videos of Kat Rosqueta on BigThink
- What is High Impact Philanthropy? (April 2007)
- High Impact Philanthropy: How Donors, Boards, and Nonprofit Organizations Can Transform Communities